|Published:||Jun 05, 2013 10:33 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 05, 2013 12:15 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's deputies arrested three teens on vandalism charges this morning, after bright green paint on one of the suspect's arms gave them away.
Deputies were proactively patrolling the Lee Boulevard business corridor in the early morning hours, when they encountered three juveniles acting suspiciously in the area of Hazelwood Avenue. During the encounter, the deputy noticed one of them had the paint on his arm. Realizing the teens may be involved in recent vandalism (graffiti) to area businesses, the individuals were detained.
During subsequent interviews, information was developed linking the three juveniles to the recent vandalism at St. Raphael's Church as well as recent incidents at Beef O' Brady's and Max'D Out Fitness. A 16-year-old from Lehigh Acres, a 15-year-old also from Lehigh Acres,and a 14-year-old with an unknown address were each charged with Burglary and Criminal Mischief with Property Damage $1,000 or more.
The investigation is ongoing to determine if the three juveniles are responsible for other vandalism in the community
- Man fatally shot in strip club parking lot
- Teen allegedly behind 'smack cam' video appears in court
- Man with SWFL ties makes FBI Most Wanted list
- Crash at controversial intersection with new traffic light
- 1 Florida Lotto player wins $46 million jackpot
- United Airlines begins non-stop service from RSW to Denver
- Supreme Court OKs new lethal injection procedure
- Investigators say mom is to blame for son's drowning death
- 3 Jupiter boys injured in gas explosion
- Short in extension cord catches Christmas tree on fire