|Published:||Jun 04, 2013 4:25 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 04, 2013 4:25 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Detectives are requesting assistance from the public to identify a man who allegedly took about $200 worth of baby food from the Winn-Dixie Marketplace, located at 3280 Tamiami Trail.
On Thursday May 23 at about 6:00 p.m., an unknown male entered the Winn Dixie at Promenades Mall and went to the baby food aisle. A Winn Dixie employee saw the man, who was wearing a dark colored polo shirt and dark shorts, putting two cans of Good Start baby formula in his backpack. When she got closer, she saw that the backpack was full of baby formula containers. The employee followed the man as he walked toward the store exit, passing all the registers without paying for the baby food. The man was seen leaving the area in a black four-door Saturn.
When they reviewed the video footage, Winn Dixie employees found that the man was wearing a different shirt when he entered the store than when he was seen in the baby food aisle. They estimate that about 10 containers of baby food were taken, valued at about $200.
Anyone with information concerning the identity of the man in this case is asked to please call the Sheriff’s Office at (941) 639-2101. This case is being handled by the District 4 Criminal Investigation Unit.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake