|Published:||Jun 04, 2013 10:18 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 04, 2013 10:18 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Officials say the Tampa police officer who was fired for drinking at a strip club while on duty, has been fired before.
In fact, the Tampa Police Department fired Paul Madsen in 2003 after he was accused of taunting a Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputy.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/1aZvxoq ) reports a notice of disciplinary action in Madsen's personnel fire shows Madsen was off-duty at the time he called the deputy a "boy" and used a racial epithet. The file also notes other incidents, including mouthing off to a supervisor and leaving a gun in his cruiser.
Madsen was rehired in 2004 after filing a grievance. The police union fought successfully on his behalf.
He was fired again Friday after an investigation into the Nov. 9 incident at a strip club.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting