|Published:||Jun 03, 2013 9:49 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 03, 2013 9:49 AM EDT|
MARATHON, Fla. (AP) - A man faces multiple charges after an attack on another man in the parking lot of a Florida Keys apartment complex.
Monroe County Sheriff's deputies say 27-year-old Raul Pavon stopped a vehicle that was driving through the Sea Grape apartment parking lot on Sunday afternoon. He jerked open the door, pulled the victim out and told him he was going to beat him.
Deputies say the victim's wife was pushed when she tried to intervene. Her mother called the sheriff's office for help.
Pavon told Deputy Grag LaRochelle that he attacked the victim because he was tired of him speeding through the parking lot where his daughter sometimes walks around.
Pavon remained in jail Monday, charged with two counts of battery, burglary to a vehicle and criminal mischief.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week