|Published:||Jun 03, 2013 3:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 03, 2013 5:44 PM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- A pickup truck carrying a trailer transporting four alpacas rolled over on southbound I-75 at mile marker 164 this afternoon.
Florida Highway Patrol said 20-year-old Christopher Ponader sustained minor injuries and was transported to local hospital in stable condition.
Three of the four alpacas appeared to be uninjured. Charlotte County Animal Control transported the four alpacas to a veterinarian to be checked.
FHP says the slick roads caused the trailer to fishtail before hitting a guardrail, causing the vehicle to roll over.
Ponader was cited for failing to show registration for the trailer.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim