|Published:||Jun 02, 2013 10:02 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 02, 2013 10:02 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Summer reading days coming back to Bennett's! Every day during summer, kids can get a free donut for reading a book.
For the sixth year in a row, the owners of Bennett's Fresh Roast in downtown Fort Myers are encouraging children to read while out of school for the summer.
"Education shouldn't stop when summer begins," said Bennett's co-owner and former teacher Frank Albano. "Reading is the perfect summer activity because it takes kids on different adventures and opens up their imaginations."
Beginning June 1 through September 1, Bennett's will offer school-aged children from kindergarten through fifth grade a complimentary fresh donut each time they read a book at the downtown Fort Myers coffee shop. Each day during normal business hours and while daily supplies last, children can receive one free donut per day when they read a book and are accompanied by a parent. A selection of books appropriate for children are available for reading on-site.
"We have been really pleased with the response we've had over the past five years from all the kids and families and we anxiously await summer to begin so we can bring this program back each year," said Bennett's owner Bob Grissinger. "If we can have a small part in helping parents encourage their kids to read, we're happy to do it."
Located off West First Street at 2011 Bayside Parkway, Bennett's is housed in a bright and colorful 2,000-square-foot shop.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before