|Published:||Jun 01, 2013 9:33 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 01, 2013 9:33 AM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The Cape Coral Rowing Club is inviting the public to experience the joy of rowing today from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at their facility at Cape Harbour Marina.
Interested participants will be introduced to a sport which is enjoyed by people of all ages and fitness abilities; no previous rowing experience is necessary.
The free event will include a tour of the facility and you can learn the parts of a rowing shell. You'll also get a Concept II Ergometer demonstration, experience the ergometer while learning the body movement in a rowing shell and learn basic rowing commands.
National Learn to Row Day is the ideal opportunity for someone to learn about the sport of rowing in a relaxed and fun environment without the commitment of joining a club or purchasing equipment.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating