|Published:||May 31, 2013 1:39 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 31, 2013 1:39 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE – The Florida Lottery announces that Erik Monzon, 43, of Immokalee, claimed a $1 million top prize in the 50X THE CASH Scratch-Off game at Florida Lottery headquarters in Tallahassee.
Monzon, who celebrated his birthday earlier this month, chose to receive the winnings in a one-time, lump-sum payment of $800,000. He purchased his winning Scratch-Off ticket at Azteca Supercentro 2000, located at 208 West Main Street in Immokalee.
The $10 game, 50X THE CASH, launched on July 3, 2012, and offered 12 top prizes of $1 million. One top prize remains to be won. The overall odds of winning are one in 3.46.
The Florida Lottery offers approximately 60 Scratch-Off games at any given time through vending machines or counter displays at more than 13,000 retailers statewide. Scratch-Off games are an important part of the Lottery’s portfolio of games, making up approximately 58 percent of ticket sales and generating more than $495 million for the Educational Enhancement Trust Fund (EETF) in fiscal year 2011-12.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle