|Published:||May 31, 2013 10:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 01, 2013 9:14 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, FL--Many might ask why didn't Bonnie Hohensee simply leave her violent husband, Arthur.
We spoke to the Abuse Counseling and Treatment center who says most of the time in domestic violence, the abuser will put fear in their partner that makes them think twice about walking away.
"It could be anything from the abuser hurting the children, taking the children away, leaving them with nothing, hurting them, killing them even or destroying the house or their home. things of that nature," said ACT's Christine Coby.
ACT also says if you are planning to leave a violent relationship to always have a plan.
They provide a 24 hour hotline for domestic violence.
The number for the hotline is 239-939-3112.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral