|Published:||May 31, 2013 10:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 01, 2013 9:14 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, FL--Many might ask why didn't Bonnie Hohensee simply leave her violent husband, Arthur.
We spoke to the Abuse Counseling and Treatment center who says most of the time in domestic violence, the abuser will put fear in their partner that makes them think twice about walking away.
"It could be anything from the abuser hurting the children, taking the children away, leaving them with nothing, hurting them, killing them even or destroying the house or their home. things of that nature," said ACT's Christine Coby.
ACT also says if you are planning to leave a violent relationship to always have a plan.
They provide a 24 hour hotline for domestic violence.
The number for the hotline is 239-939-3112.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect