|Published:||May 31, 2013 5:22 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 31, 2013 5:59 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Armed suspects stormed into a Cape Coral home and surveillance cameras caught them in the act! Now police are asking for your help identifying the suspects in the video.
Home security cameras were recording as two armed suspects rolled up to the Cape Coral home of Lidia Leon and her brother Israel Thursday afternoon.
"One of my neighbors come over and she was in a terrible panic and I didn't know why, but she couldn't breath and she was just in a panic," said neighbor Jim Gysin.
According to the police report, Lidia answered the door and an armed man immediately forced his way inside the house, while pointing his gun at her face.
"Might make you think again before you open the door and come out to talk to somebody," he said.
Gysin has lived across the street for 25-years. He says Lidia ran to his house begging for help.
"She said there's two armed black men trying to break in the back of the house. So I came back home here and got my phone called 911 and within two minutes, the police had this neighborhood surrounded," Gysin stated.
Gysin says he can't understand why his neighbors were the targets of this crime.
"These are great people they are very good neighbors. They've come over and helped us out when we needed something," he said.
And says he hopes the cameras that captured the images, help police capture the crooks.
Nothing was taken from the home and no one was injured. If you have any information, please call police.
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog