|Published:||May 29, 2013 10:17 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 29, 2013 2:16 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office is investigating an attempted armed robbery that occurred Tuesday evening at the Dollar General Store, located at 4300 Kings Highway.
At about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, a white male, described as being in his late 40’s or early 50’s, entered the Dollar General Store. He was wearing a blue T-shirt, khaki cargo shorts, an orange ball cap, sunglasses and flip-flops. The man kept one hand concealed underneath his shirt.
The man approached the clerk on duty near the cash register and softly told her to open the cash register and give him all the money or he would shoot her. The clerk attempted to open the register, but was unable to do so. When the clerk couldn’t get the register open, the man left the store and drove away in an unknown vehicle in an unknown direction.
Anyone with information concerning the identity of the man is asked to please call the Sheriff’s Office at (941) 639-2101 for the Major Crimes Unit, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool