|Published:||May 29, 2013 10:17 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 29, 2013 2:16 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office is investigating an attempted armed robbery that occurred Tuesday evening at the Dollar General Store, located at 4300 Kings Highway.
At about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, a white male, described as being in his late 40’s or early 50’s, entered the Dollar General Store. He was wearing a blue T-shirt, khaki cargo shorts, an orange ball cap, sunglasses and flip-flops. The man kept one hand concealed underneath his shirt.
The man approached the clerk on duty near the cash register and softly told her to open the cash register and give him all the money or he would shoot her. The clerk attempted to open the register, but was unable to do so. When the clerk couldn’t get the register open, the man left the store and drove away in an unknown vehicle in an unknown direction.
Anyone with information concerning the identity of the man is asked to please call the Sheriff’s Office at (941) 639-2101 for the Major Crimes Unit, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Rep. Trey Radel leaves Naples rehabilitation center
- Cape murder/attempted suicide suspect released from hospital
- Man fatally shot in strip club parking lot
- Teen allegedly behind 'smack cam' video appears in court
- Man with SWFL ties makes FBI Most Wanted list
- Car crashes into it Cape Coral home
- Crash at controversial intersection with new traffic light
- 1 Florida Lotto player wins $46 million jackpot
- United Airlines begins non-stop service from RSW to Denver
- Investigators say mom is to blame for son's drowning death