|Published:||May 29, 2013 3:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 29, 2013 6:50 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Combat Wounded Veterans in Charlotte County now have some prime parking!
More than 40 businesses now have reserved parking signs for Veterans who were wounded while fighting for our freedom.
The signs were a donation from the Wounded Warriors Family Services organization.
Local veterans groups say this simple gesture means a lot to them.
"I came out and there was a veterans standing out here with his camera taking a picture of the sign. And he said I'm a hundred percent disabled, I'm a Vietnam Veteran, I've never seen a sign like this anywhere and he said I'm taking a picture and sending this to all my family," says David Donohew with Veterans Services of Charlotte County.
If you're interested in getting a sign for your business, contact Kerri Hendrick with Wounded Warrior Family Services at email@example.com or by phone at 402-502-7557.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'