|Published:||May 29, 2013 3:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 29, 2013 6:50 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Combat Wounded Veterans in Charlotte County now have some prime parking!
More than 40 businesses now have reserved parking signs for Veterans who were wounded while fighting for our freedom.
The signs were a donation from the Wounded Warriors Family Services organization.
Local veterans groups say this simple gesture means a lot to them.
"I came out and there was a veterans standing out here with his camera taking a picture of the sign. And he said I'm a hundred percent disabled, I'm a Vietnam Veteran, I've never seen a sign like this anywhere and he said I'm taking a picture and sending this to all my family," says David Donohew with Veterans Services of Charlotte County.
If you're interested in getting a sign for your business, contact Kerri Hendrick with Wounded Warrior Family Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 402-502-7557.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school