|Published:||May 26, 2013 1:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 26, 2013 1:52 PM EDT|
In honor of Memorial Day weekend, volunteers from the American Red Cross and the Lee Memorial Health System Military Support Team visited three Southwest Florida cemeteries to honor veterans. They passed by each headstone and placed a flag where a veteran was buried. Volunteers from the event included active military personnel and family and friends of current soldiers. Participants say this event can be an emotional one, but it's a great way to remember what Memorial Day is all about.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- New patrol cars to help combat traffic offenses