|Published:||May 26, 2013 1:22 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 26, 2013 3:40 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla - A driver crashed into a Fort Myers Police Department K-9 patrol car on Colonial Boulevard and Fowler Street in Fort Myers after running a red light. It happened just before midnight.
Florida Highway Patrol says Gloria Andrea Santos Uscanga was driving south on Fowler Street when she drove through the red light at Colonial Boulevard for an unknown reason.
FHP says Officer Jeremy Hawkins hit Uscanga's car on the drivers side, as she ran the light.
Officials say Uscanga, a passenger in her car and Officer Hawkins were taken to Lee Memorial Hospital for treatment. Usanga was in serious condition.
The officer and his K-9 partner were not seriously injured. He remains hospitalized in stable condition.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- E-911 System Out in Charlotte County
- Sports making their way back to Edison State College
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army