|Published:||May 26, 2013 2:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Dec 03, 2013 10:02 PM EST|
UPDATE: Six months after the relaunch, the owner of City Tavern says sales are up 40%. Kevin Offerman credits the new food and drink menu, as well as the no smoking policy, to the bar's success.
FORT MYERS, Fla. - City Tavern in the Fort Myers River District celebrated the grand reopening of their kitchen. To help them with their relaunch, they enlisted the help of celebrity chef Brian Duffy. Chef Duffy trained and worked with the staff of City Tavern for a handful of days, helping them create new and exciting menu items. City Tavern hasn't had a working kitchen since 2010, and they recently eliminated smoking in their bar as well. The owner of City Tavern, Kevin Offerman, said it's been amazing having Chef Duffy in the restaurant. He says he expects the new Chef Brian Duffy Inspired Menu to increase foot traffic and create a better atmosphere at City Tavern.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral