|Published:||May 25, 2013 12:17 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 25, 2013 12:27 AM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Law enforcement and residents gathered for the 3rd Annual Safety Fair and 5k Fun Run Friday night.
The event is held every Memorial Day weekend and invites the golden gate community to mingle with Collier County deputies. It also serves as a time to recognize military members and law enforcement.
Lt. Rich Hampton says, "We have law enforcement officers who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for their community and it's a great way to rally the community together."
Donations raised will send kids to summer camp where they will be given both literacy and life skill training.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school