|Published:||May 25, 2013 12:17 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 25, 2013 12:27 AM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Law enforcement and residents gathered for the 3rd Annual Safety Fair and 5k Fun Run Friday night.
The event is held every Memorial Day weekend and invites the golden gate community to mingle with Collier County deputies. It also serves as a time to recognize military members and law enforcement.
Lt. Rich Hampton says, "We have law enforcement officers who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for their community and it's a great way to rally the community together."
Donations raised will send kids to summer camp where they will be given both literacy and life skill training.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before