|Published:||May 24, 2013 10:22 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 25, 2013 12:06 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, FL--New video from a hidden camera exposes the rage of Arthur Hohensee. The former New York officer is accused of shooting at his ex-wife and daughter and setting his house on fire before taking his own life.
Close friends to Hohensee claim the women set him up.
As one of Arthur's closet friends watches the hidden camera video she sits un-phased.
"It doesn't change the way I know him at all," she said.
The video, apparently taken a year ago, was recorded by Arthur's ex-wife Bonnie.
Arthur is noticeably upset at even the hint of a divorce.
"When he would get served papers or come from court, yeah he would express himself and yeah he was upset," she said.
But she says the behavior, caught on camera, is not the real Arthur.
"I think they provoked him like that, that video was a setup," his friend said.
In the video Arthur threatened to kill, but hints of not wanting to harm his ex-wife.
"We exclusively sat down with another one of Arthur's closest friends who refuses to believe Arthur was violent.
"Who doesn't get in fights with their spouses? Anybody that is in a relationship has said things that they didn't mean," she said.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone