|Published:||May 24, 2013 1:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 24, 2013 1:24 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- The Naples Town Hall Distinguished Speakers Series announced today that it will suspend the 2014 season.
Over the past 30 years, the non-profit Naples Town Hall has brought to Naples the world’s luminaries, heads of state, presidents and those that struck the globe with their accomplishments and notoriety.
From Margaret Thatcher, Henry Kissinger, Shimon Peres, Presidents Bush and Ford to Condoleezza Rice, David Blaine, Mia Farrow, William Safire, Colin Powell, Tim Tebow and Sarah Palin, most every significant global figure has graced the stage of Naples Town Hall.
Although Town Hall is a non-profit organization, a drop in subscribers and attendance during the economic downturn and financial crisis has caused the Borman family and Town Hall Board of Directors to evaluate their ongoing business model.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FSU students spend spring break 'serving the underserved'
- Former head of Harborside sues City of Ft. Myers