|Published:||May 24, 2013 12:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 24, 2013 6:16 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's deputies are investigating the death of a 38-year-old Cape Coral woman at Edison State College in Fort Myers.
LCSO says Trisha Lynn Williams died of natural causes.
Edison's own security and police force were the first to investigate, and later called LCSO deputies for assistance.
Edison State College released the following statement just before 12:15 p.m. today:
"It is with great sadness that we learned of the passing of one of our students, a member of the Edison State family, as the result of a medical condition last night on the Lee Campus. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family during this difficult time."
Trust WINK News to bring you the developments as we get them.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013