|Published:||May 24, 2013 11:06 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 24, 2013 6:17 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's deputies are investigating human remains found on Shell Point Blvd. just after 10:00 p.m. Thursday, near the entrance to the Shell Point Retirement Community.
LCSO's crime unit is gathering evidence in the wooded area, and though the identity of the person is unknown, deputies want the public to know they are not in danger.
Deputies say someone found skeletal remains while on a nature walk last night. The scene was secured at the time, but investigators waited for daylight to begin working on it.
The crime scene unit will be at the location through the night.
The sheriff's office is combing through their missing persons file at this time.
Trust WINK News to bring you more information as it becomes available.
- Rep. Trey Radel says he will not resign from Congress
- Driver suffers medical emergency, crashes into Cape home
- Cape murder/attempted suicide suspect released from hospital
- Man fatally shot in strip club parking lot
- Man reportedly tried to lure 11 y/o into his vehicle
- Teen allegedly behind 'smack cam' video appears in court
- Man with SWFL ties makes FBI Most Wanted list
- McGregor Blvd.now open after vehicle hits pedestrian
- Crash at controversial intersection with new traffic light
- 1 Florida Lotto player wins $46 million jackpot