|Published:||May 24, 2013 10:47 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 24, 2013 10:47 AM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida woman has reunited with her son almost 36 years after giving him up for adoption.
The happy reunion took place Thursday at Orlando International Airport, where Andre "Dre" Knight arrived on a one-way ticket to meet his mother, Robin West.
West told Florida Today (http://on.flatoday.com/11hMWZC ) she was 15 when the baby was born. She says she held him for a few moments before he was taken away for adoption.
They reconnected by phone about a month ago after Knight's girlfriend, Andrea Bennett, found West on the Internet. Knight says he sent West a tweet on April 28. She called him hours later and they've made up for lost time since then.
Knight's adoptive parents even sent West an album of pictures on Mother's Day.
Information from: Florida Today (Melbourne, Fla.), http://www.floridatoday.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County