|Published:||May 24, 2013 10:47 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 24, 2013 10:47 AM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida woman has reunited with her son almost 36 years after giving him up for adoption.
The happy reunion took place Thursday at Orlando International Airport, where Andre "Dre" Knight arrived on a one-way ticket to meet his mother, Robin West.
West told Florida Today (http://on.flatoday.com/11hMWZC ) she was 15 when the baby was born. She says she held him for a few moments before he was taken away for adoption.
They reconnected by phone about a month ago after Knight's girlfriend, Andrea Bennett, found West on the Internet. Knight says he sent West a tweet on April 28. She called him hours later and they've made up for lost time since then.
Knight's adoptive parents even sent West an album of pictures on Mother's Day.
Information from: Florida Today (Melbourne, Fla.), http://www.floridatoday.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in suspicious North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida