|Published:||May 24, 2013 10:44 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 24, 2013 10:44 AM EDT|
MELBOURNE, Fla. (AP) - A man is dead after hit vehicle hit a Florida East Coast Railway train hit in Melbourne.
Melbourne police spokesman Sheridan Shelley says the car drove through a railroad crossing arm and ran into the side of the northbound train about 3:40 a.m. Friday.
Florida Today (http://on.flatoday.com/14YLbPu ) reports 29-year-old Aaron T. Imes of Melbourne was taken to a hospital where he died.
Shelley says all railroad crossing safety features appeared to be working at the time of the crash.
The traffic homicide unit is investigating the incident.
Information from: Florida Today (Melbourne, Fla.), http://www.floridatoday.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time