|Published:||May 24, 2013 7:32 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 24, 2013 12:41 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Outgoing Lee County School Board Superintendent Dr. Joseph Burke gave his last speech before retirement today.
This morning, he addressed local leaders at the State of the Schools Breakfast in Fort Myers. There, he discussed the progress over the past school year.
Dr. Burke is retiring amid an investigation into whether he mismanaged money, and if he suspended an investigation into an employee, but he is citing health and family as reasons for stepping down.
Dr. Burke's last day is June 19th.
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New Bridge has Glitch that Keeps a Section Up for 30 Mins.