|Published:||May 24, 2013 4:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 24, 2013 4:00 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. – Charlotte County Animal Control was notified that a dog had been exposed to a bat that tested positive for the rabies virus in Charlotte County.
In response, Charlotte County Animal Control has declared a rabies alert for the following areas:
Studio Ave, Port Charlotte 33954
Hillsborough Blvd., Liberto St., Richmond Ave., Roosevelt Ave, Salisbury St., Port Charlotte 33954
Residents in this area should observe the following:
-Report any sick or injured wildlife
-Report any stray domestic animals
-Report any animals acting unusual
-Refrain contact with any unknown animal.
The rabies alert area will be in effect for 30 days (Expires 6/23/13). Any questions or concerns should be directed to Charlotte County Animal Control at (941)833-5690.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in suspicious North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft