|Published:||May 24, 2013 10:26 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 24, 2013 3:56 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- A Cape Coral woman was rushed to Tampa General Hospital this morning after an apparent kitchen fire.
Investigators say it happened around 6:30 a.m. inside an Island Cove condominium, off Four Mile Cove.
Firefighters say the woman was cooking when the fire started. Her sprinkler system put out the flames.
The woman has serious burns, and Tampa General runs a regional burn unit.
Two children inside the condo were unharmed.
The fire caused two condominium units to be declared uninhabitable, and two families have been displaced. Both families have secured lodging locally with family and friends.
The fire is under investigation by the Cape Coral Fire Department and the Florida State Fire Marshal.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys