|Published:||May 23, 2013 3:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 23, 2013 3:59 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's deputies are searching for two vehicles involved in a hit-and-run crash that left a pedestrian seriously injured Wednesday just before 11:15 p.m.
Deputies responded to the crash near the intersection of Pine Island Road and Old US 41. Upon arrival, deputies located 52-year-old Joseph John Kunicki, in the roadway.
Kunicki was unconscious, but breathing, due to being struck by a vehicle that fled the scene. Several witnesses state that two vehicles where traveling together southbound on Old US 41, approaching Pine Island Road.
The first vehicle was a white older model Ford or Mercury. The second vehicle was a blue, potentially Dodge, pick up truck with a white stripe and topper. The white vehicle struck Kunicki, as he was attempting to cross the roadway. Both vehicles then fled the area westbound on Pine Island Road at a high rate of speed.
The white suspect vehicle will have heavy front-end damage to one of its headlight housing areas. Kunicki sustained injuries that were serious and potentially life-threatening.
If anyone has any information on either vehicle, please contact the Lee County Sheriff’s Office Traffic Unit at 239-477-1636.
- Snitch Stoppers 239 founder arrested on drug charges
- SB I-75 reopens after dump truck hit overpass
- Naples man claims coworker set him on fire
- Lehigh double murder suspect who fled will return to SWFL
- Fire breaks out at home where search warrant was served
- Father buries son, exhumes casket to find it a mess
- Soldier surprises his children in time for Christmas
- FMPD makes arrest in Fifth Third Bank robbery
- Surveillance camera catches Citgo robbery suspect in the act
- Head-on collision blocks part of Vanderbilt Beach Rd.