|Published:||May 23, 2013 12:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 23, 2013 12:34 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A sailor has been charged with murder in the 2010 death of his girlfriend's son at an off-base military housing unit.
The Florida Times-Union (http://bit.ly/14BnOMo ) reports 35-year-old Nicholas James Rivet was arrested Wednesday.
An arrest report says Eddie Robb was found unresponsive in his bedroom. He died from a fractured skull and severe brain injury.
The newspaper reports that police interviews with Rivet and girlfriend Brandi Robb indicated the boy had woken up Rivet's 3-year-old daughter who was in the same room. Robb told investigators she heard a "thud" after Rivet went upstairs to check on Eddie. A couple of hours later the child was found unresponsive.
It wasn't clear what caused the delay between Eddie's death and Rivet's arrest. No attorney was listed on jail records.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Man bitten by shark in foot in Cocoa Beach
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest