|Published:||May 22, 2013 2:31 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 22, 2013 2:31 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Wildlife officials are investigating an online video that shows a man jumping on two manatees.
The video shows a man doing a cannonball on top of what appears to be a manatee and a young calf swimming near a dock in a residential area. A voice is heard saying, "Should I do it? Let's do it. Jump, jump, jump."
According to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, the video was shot more than a year and a half ago. The agency is investigating possible violations of the Endangered Species Act.
Anyone who violates the act's provision against harassing, harming, pursuing, hunting or killing a protected species can face up to $100,000 in fines, up to a year in prison, or both.
Manatees are protected by both state and federal laws.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash