|Published:||May 22, 2013 11:29 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 22, 2013 12:46 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- A new report confirms a mother is at fault for the crash that took her life and the lives of her two young daughters on Alligator Alley.
In January, 33-year-old Cecelia Douglas crashed into the back of a delivery truck, lost control and crashed into a canal. Investigators say 4-year-old Madison and 3-year-old Rylee were in the backseat unbuckled.
Her husband, Nathan, also told troopers his wife would frequently drive at a high rate of speed, did not wear a seatbelt and was known to apply makeup while going to work.
The report goes on to say Cecelia Douglas' actions contributed to the direct cause of this crash, the death of herself and her two daughters.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced