|Published:||May 22, 2013 3:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 22, 2013 5:10 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - A Cape Coral Hospital volunteer is celebrating a milestone: she's turing 100 years old this month!
Belle Sorokin has been volunteering with Lee Memorial for 20 years. She was born during World War I and was married during the Great Depression.
She says she loves being a volunteer because it gets her out of the house, and says she's thankful to be turing 100 years old.
"It's a feeling I wish everybody could have. It makes me feel wonderful, and extremely fortunate," she said.
Belle says she's had a hard life, but tells WINK News her key to success is to never feel sorry for herself, to always persevere, and to never give up.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm