|Published:||May 21, 2013 1:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 21, 2013 1:13 PM EDT|
Bonita Springs, FL- Lee county sheriff's deputies are investigating a vandalism that happened between May 14-17 at St. Leo the Great Catholic church on Beaumont road.
It appears someone used a hammer several times to damage the center stone of a memorial on the north side of the Perish Life Center. The large stone once read "In loving memory of the Benito Sousa Families." Now the engraved writing is no longer visible. The vandals smashed another brick just above the stone.
The man overseeing the memorial project says the damaged stone is worth $200.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft