|Published:||May 21, 2013 11:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 21, 2013 4:51 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. -- An update to a story you saw first on WINK News last week. Chuck Watlington, the father of Jesse Watlington, 11, who was struck and killed by lightning last year told WINK News another judge has stepped down and recused himself from the lawsuit against McGregor Baptist Church.
Watlington said this is the second time this has happened and he's concerned this will cause unnecessary delays in getting the case to court.
Watlington is suing McGregor Baptist Church for an undisclosed amount of money claiming they were negligent in allowing his son to go out on the football practice field during an electrical storm.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013