|Published:||May 21, 2013 9:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 21, 2013 10:37 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - A Cape Coral woman says in the aftermath of Monday's tornado, the only way she can keep track of family and friends is through social media and text message.
Angela Loeckel says her loved ones came within 1/2 mile from the twister's path in Moore, OK.
"They didn't even have any windows brocken in their house, actually it hit half a mile from their house," said Loeckel.
She says she is forced to keep in touch with family by checking Facebook due to poor cell phone service following the storm.
"She just posted this morning on Facebook that they just had their first meal in 24 hours since it first happened."
Loeckel says 2 years ago, she and her husband considered moving to Moore before ultimately deciding to relocate to Cape Coral.
All of her family and friends are ok - but have spent the past 2 days without electricity or water.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis