|Published:||May 20, 2013 4:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 20, 2013 4:03 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Universal Orlando has raised the price of a one-day, single-park ticket to $92.
The price increase, up from $89, went into effect this past weekend.
Single-day admission for both Universal parks - Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure - went from $124 to $128. Similar increases were applied to multiday passes.
Universal spokesman Tom Schroder says guests continue to say the theme parks offer great entertainment at great value, with some options as low as about $42 per day.
A new ride based on the Transformers toy and film franchise is set to open next month. The park is also expanding its Wizarding World of Harry Potter next year with a new area based on the books' fictional scenes in Diagon Alley and London.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Fla. city ends program allowing backyard chickens
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Whales stranded in Fla.: From despair to optimism
- 1 killed, 1 injured in Orlando hit-and-run
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added