|Published:||May 20, 2013 10:11 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 20, 2013 10:11 AM EDT|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - Florida Highway Patrol officials have arrested a probation violator from Mississippi. They also arrested the woman they say helped him flee.
Trooper Shane Crawford stopped to help what he thought was a disabled vehicle in central Florida on Saturday. He ran a computer check on the car's tags and found the vehicle was from Mississippi.
Authorities said the suspect gave a fake name and birthdate. After contacting the Mississippi Department of Corrections, the Ocala Star Banner (http://www.ittybittyurl.com/1jPG) reports the suspect was identified as 32-year-old Gary Sneed. The MDOC says Sneed was sought for not reporting to his probation officer.
Authorities said Holly Morrison stole a car to help Sneed escape.
The couple had numerous warrants out for the escape, including manufacturing of methamphetamine and grand theft auto charges.
Information from: Ocala (Fla.) Star-Banner, http://www.starbanner.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend