|Published:||May 20, 2013 12:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 20, 2013 12:24 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Lee County Public Schools will be participating in the Summer Food Service Program for the period of May 28, through July 26. Nutritionally balanced meals will be provided to all children regardless of race, color, sex, disability, age, or national origin during summer vacation when school breakfasts and lunches are not available.
All children 18 years old or younger, if open site, are eligible for meals at no charge and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service.
These programs are only approved for geographical areas of need where 50 percent or more of the children qualify for free and reduced price meals during the school year.
Summer feeding sites that are located at schools provide meals to all children in the immediate vicinity in addition to those enrolled in summer school.
For a list of sites that will be hosting meals this summer please visit: http://nutrition.leeschools.net/pdf/12-13/051613_SummerFeedingSchedule.pdf
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend