|Published:||May 20, 2013 12:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 20, 2013 4:58 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- A Fort Myers neighborhood was shut down Thursday morning when police officers feared a victim and suspect were barricaded inside of an apartment in Bernwood Cove.
FMPD initially responded to a domestic complaint. Threats were allegedly made between family members, and at one point there was an implication of a weapon, which was never found.
Police were unable to make contact with the suspect and victim, so negotiators and SWAT were called to assess the situation. Meanwhile, the couple had left the scene and were contacted by phone. they returned and that's when guns were drawn.
One person turned himself in.
It is unknown whether charges will be filed.
The investigation continues.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash