|Published:||May 20, 2013 10:51 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 20, 2013 10:51 AM EDT|
INDIAN ROCKS BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A 50-year-old man is accused of attacking four people with a fillet knife in an Indian Rocks Beach bar.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/YUnQ0o) reports James Klingbeil was at the Red Lion Pub at closing time Sunday when the bartender refused to sell him alcohol because he was intoxicated.
Pinellas County deputies say Klingbeil walked to a nearby store, bought a knife and returned to the pub. He started arguing with 32-year-old bartender Rebecca Shaeffer again before pulling out the knife and attacking her.
Three bar patrons were injured as they tried to help Shaeffer. The injuries didn't appear to be life-threatening.
Deputies say Klingbeil remains in the Pinellas County Jail on charges including attempted first-degree murder.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Red Sox' 2014 Spring Training ticket sales set record