|Published:||May 19, 2013 7:01 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 19, 2013 7:01 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fl. - Start your engines! It's grasscar racing season in Lee County and right now, drivers are speeding around the Mow-a-Dega track on lawnmowers.
These lawnmowers can go as fast as 60 miles an hour. The local league is split up into several classes based on age and lawnmower speed.
Some of the participants are as young as 10 and go all the way up to 75 years old.
The league races at the mow-a-dega track behind Victory Christian Center.
To fnd out about their next evet, head to www.grasscar.us
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing