|Published:||May 19, 2013 6:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 19, 2013 11:43 PM EDT|
Friends are mourning for 20-year old Karen Cagle, killed in a motor scooter crash on Pine Island Rd. in North Fort Myers Saturday night. They're posting on Facebook and talking with WINK about Cagle.
"I was sad because I will not see her smile or hear her voice. But I try to focus on the positive and I want people to know of the impact she had on others' lives," says Roberto Figueredo of Cape Coral. He says he went to Mariner High School with Cagle and has known her for about 4 years.
"She was the kind of person who would lift you up if you were down. She had a smile on her face, she was like the big sister to everyone, trying to make things better," he told WINK News.
The Lee sheriff's office says, a Hummer, driven by 55-year old Bobby Ray Doyle, struck the scooter from behind and dragged it for an unknown distance. Cagle, the scooter passenger, was thrown off. So was the driver, Steven Mitchell, who is a patient at Lee Memorial Hospital.
Cagle's Facebook page says she was pregnant. She found that out just 8 days ago.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- Fla. could increase private school vouchers
- Man gets life for fatally shooting ex-girlfriend
- Ukraine throws wrench into Obama vacation plan