|Published:||May 19, 2013 10:12 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 19, 2013 10:12 AM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- On May 18, 2013, at 10:09 p.m., the Lee County Sheriff's Office received a call of a two-vehicle crash near the intersection of Pine Island Road and Commerce Creek Blvd. Deputies responded to the scene.
A 2012 Taoi I scooter was traveling west bound on Pine Island Road. The driver of the scooter was identified as Steven Mitchell, along with his rear passenger 20-year-old Karen Cagle.
A 2006 Hummer 3, being driven by Bobby Ray Doyle, was also traveling west bound on Pine Island Road behind the scooter. At some point, Doyle's Hummer struck the back of Mitchell’s scooter and drug it west bound on Pine Island Road until both vehicles came to a stop.
Due the nature of the incident, a Lee County Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Detective responded and conducted a crash investigation.
The impact caused both Mitchell and Cagle to be ejected from the scooter. The impact caused Cagle to sustain fatal injuries and she was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Mitchell also sustained injuries and was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital. The crash investigation is on going at this time.
- LCSO searches for missing Fort Myers teen
- Charlotte County roofer gets help for dog with a broken leg
- CCSO IDs Golden Gate Estates murder victim, makes arrest
- Fort Myers Police investigating shooting.
- Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity to visit Ft. Myers
- Driver dies after crashing into Cape Coral home
- Cape Coral man accused of killing wife appears in court
- Good Samaritans return envelope with $1,500
- Yankee Candle recalls product due to risk of fire
- Free bee removal for a woman after a year of heartache