|Published:||May 17, 2013 11:55 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 17, 2013 11:55 AM EDT|
KENDALL, Fla. (AP) - A South Florida woman faces aggravated manslaughter charges in the death of her 11-month-old son who was left inside a vehicle.
Miami-Dade police officers arrested 30-year-old Catalina Marista Bruno early Friday, hours after the boy was pronounced dead at Kendall Regional Hospital.
Police say Bruno left the boy in his car seat when she returned home Thursday.
After an undetermined amount of time passed, police say the boy's father asked where the child was. Bruno recalled leaving him in the vehicle. That's when Amos Osceola ran outside and took his son out of the car.
Police say the boy was unresponsive, so Osceola took him to a nearby fire station for medical attention. They transported him to the hospital. The child's body temperature had reached 109 degrees.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- FIU hosts meeting on deteriorating bridges