|Published:||May 17, 2013 11:48 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 17, 2013 11:48 AM EDT|
LAND O'LAKES, Fla. (AP) - Sheriff's deputies are investigating after a shooting victim was dropped off at a convenience store in Pasco County.
The 26-year-old victim was pronounced dead early Friday morning at St. Joseph's Hospital North in Tampa.
Someone called 911 to a Land O'Lakes 7-Eleven store about 4:16 a.m. When deputies arrived a few minutes later they found the man with a gunshot wound to the stomach.
The agency says investigators are at a home in Land O'Lakes where they believe the shooting may have occurred.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child killed after being backed over by truck
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba