|Published:||May 17, 2013 11:48 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 17, 2013 11:48 AM EDT|
LAND O'LAKES, Fla. (AP) - Sheriff's deputies are investigating after a shooting victim was dropped off at a convenience store in Pasco County.
The 26-year-old victim was pronounced dead early Friday morning at St. Joseph's Hospital North in Tampa.
Someone called 911 to a Land O'Lakes 7-Eleven store about 4:16 a.m. When deputies arrived a few minutes later they found the man with a gunshot wound to the stomach.
The agency says investigators are at a home in Land O'Lakes where they believe the shooting may have occurred.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire