|Published:||May 17, 2013 5:25 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 17, 2013 6:44 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Fire and EMS responded to a double-wide mobile home fire at 3657 Stockton Road, just before 4:30 p.m.
A man in his 60s was home at the time of the fire, but he was not injured.
Firefighters quickly brought the fire under control, which appears to have been caused by a gas grill in use at the time.
The exterior and some of the interior of the home was damaged.
The Charlotte County American Red Cross was requested to assist the resident.
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Pilot whales stranded in Everglades National Park
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Accused robber shoots self before arrest
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Fla. cities lead nation in high-end foreclosures
- Former Cape mayoral candidate faces fraud charge