|Published:||May 17, 2013 6:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 17, 2013 6:17 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A FedEx truck is destroyed and several Fort Myers businesses are without power after the truck reportedly struck power lines and caught fire.
Firefighters responded to the call shortly before 11 a.m. At the time, the truck was in an alley behind some businesses at Fowler Street and Hunter Terrace.
Officials were unable to say whether the truck drove into the lines and caused them to fall, or whether the lines fell on the truck on their own.
The driver is fine, according to firefighters, and the fire did not spread to nearby businesses. FPL, however, had to cut power to those businesses.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme