|Published:||May 16, 2013 3:16 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 17, 2013 10:38 AM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Cape Coral Fire Department personnel responded to a boat fire Thursday, at 4900 Nassau Court. An observant neighbor noticed smoke coming from the vessel and called 911.
The boat involved was a 42-foot, fiberglass hull, twin engine, sports fisherman boat, that was unoccupied at the time of the fire.
First arriving units reported heavy black smoke inside that was seeping out of the vessel hatches and windows. The interior of the vessel sustained both fire damage and severe smoke damage.
Both the Cape Coral Fire Department Investigators and the State Fire Marshal were on scene, but the cause of the fire remains unknown.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples