|Published:||May 15, 2013 5:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 15, 2013 6:43 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- It was a wild scene for a time in Lehigh Acres, as Lee Sheriff's deputies and high patrol vehicles pursued a suspected stolen vehicle. Deputies finally took four men into custody on carjacking charges. Three of them were under the age of 18. All four, including 20-year-old Derrick Adams, were charged with Resisting Arrest without violence.
Intelligence gathered from the Hollywood Police Department indicated the four men might be headed to Lee County. At approximately 10:00 a.m. today, deputies spotted a vehicle in Lehigh Acres matching the description of the vehicle stolen during a carjacking in Hollywood, Florida on May 10.
"I saw the police cars come flying down the street here, then out to the main road, and then circled back here. The car jumped a ditch and went behind my house and the others here. I was maybe 5 to 10 feet away as two of the men hopped out of the car and took off. It was pretty scary," said Arthur Safford, who lives near the suspects' home.
"I am upset because I have four small children in our house and it is not good to have this kind of activity around here. We want to move. These people, they are just messing up their lives. It is sad," said Ryan Rakocinski, who lives next door to the suspects.
No one was hurt in the pursuit, and as far as anyone knows, no shots were fired.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.