|Published:||May 15, 2013 5:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 15, 2013 6:43 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- It was a wild scene for a time in Lehigh Acres, as Lee Sheriff's deputies and high patrol vehicles pursued a suspected stolen vehicle. Deputies finally took four men into custody on carjacking charges. Three of them were under the age of 18. All four, including 20-year-old Derrick Adams, were charged with Resisting Arrest without violence.
Intelligence gathered from the Hollywood Police Department indicated the four men might be headed to Lee County. At approximately 10:00 a.m. today, deputies spotted a vehicle in Lehigh Acres matching the description of the vehicle stolen during a carjacking in Hollywood, Florida on May 10.
"I saw the police cars come flying down the street here, then out to the main road, and then circled back here. The car jumped a ditch and went behind my house and the others here. I was maybe 5 to 10 feet away as two of the men hopped out of the car and took off. It was pretty scary," said Arthur Safford, who lives near the suspects' home.
"I am upset because I have four small children in our house and it is not good to have this kind of activity around here. We want to move. These people, they are just messing up their lives. It is sad," said Ryan Rakocinski, who lives next door to the suspects.
No one was hurt in the pursuit, and as far as anyone knows, no shots were fired.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide