|Published:||May 15, 2013 10:47 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 15, 2013 6:14 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - A girlfriend is grieving and a Lehigh Acres neighborhood is in shock after a man was killed in a freak accident. "Sebastian" Gaspar Domingo was working on his car when apparently, the jack slipped and caused the car to fall on top of him.
Just a few days ago, friends of Domingo's were celebrating his life. Now, they are mourning his death.
"We actually was at his birthday party on Saturday," said neighbor Keisha Jones.
According to Domingo's girlfriend, Irma Almanza, the 30-year old was working on this 1998 Saturn Sedan Tuesday evening outside his home on Park Road.
"He didn't come back inside. That's when i think he moved the jack and the car just fell on him. That's what I think," she said.
Almanza says she was inside cooking dinner.
"I think he was about a half an hour under it and we didn't even know," Almanza stated.
Just after dark, she began to worry and asked her son to check on Domingo.
"That's when he went over there to check and holler for him. 'Sebastian? Sebastian? He didn't respond. My friend came and said Irma, Sebastian is under the car!' I was in shock. I started shaking and screaming," she said.
Neighbors ran out to help lift the vehicle off Domingo but it was too late.
"I know this was God's will and I know he is in heaven," Almanza said.
Now, Domingo's girlfriend says she's making arrangements to bury him in Guatemala where he was born.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- E-911 System Out in Charlotte County
- Sports making their way back to Edison State College
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Postal Service letter carriers collect toys this Saturday