|Published:||May 14, 2013 4:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 14, 2013 4:51 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Lee County Sheriff’s Summer Youth Program, for children ages 11 to 13, is accepting 2013 registrations now.
The program is free of charge, but seats are limited.
The initiative consists of eight, four-day sessions, Monday through Thursday, from 8:00 am to 3:00 p.m. Parents, or their designee, are responsible for dropping off and picking up their child on time.
Children are required to wear appropriate comfortable clothing and closed-toed athletic shoes each day.
Each child will need to bring a lunch/drink Monday through Wednesday. Lunch will be provided on Thursday.
Dates and locations for the Summer Youth Program are:
-Varsity Lakes Middle School - June 3 - June 7
-Lehigh Acres Middle School - June 10 - June 13
-Three Oaks Middle School - June 17 - June 20
-Cypress Lake Middle School - June 24 - June 27
-N. Ft. Myers Academy for Arts - July 1 - July 5 *(no session on July 4th)*
-Oak Hammock Middle School - July 8 - July 11
-Diplomat Middle School - July 16 - July 19
-Mariner Middle School - July 22 - July 25
For more information or to obtain a registration form, call the Sheriff’s Office Youth Services Section at (239) 258-3200. Students can also pick up registration forms from School Resource Officers at any of the above schools.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge