|Published:||May 14, 2013 7:06 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 14, 2013 7:06 AM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Gov. Rick Scott on Monday signed a death warrant for a man convicted of killing two women and leaving a third woman for dead.
Marshall Lee Gore, 49, is scheduled to die by lethal injection at Florida State Prison near Raiford at 6 p.m. on June 24.
Gore killed Susan Roark and Robyn Novick and attempted to kill Tina Coralis in 1988. Roark's nude body was found on a garbage dump in Columbia County near Lake City. Gore also stole the Tennessee woman's car.
Novick, a South Florida exotic dancer, was discovered similarly nude on a trash heap, this time in a rural part of Miami-Dade County. And once again, Gore stole the woman's car.
Two days after killing Novick, Gore attacked Coralis. After beating, raping and stabbing her, Gore left Coralis for dead on the side of the road near the scene where Novick's body was found earlier.
The death warrant refers only to the death sentence connected with the murder of Novick. Gore had also been sentenced to death for Roark's murder. Prison records show Gore also had seven life sentences plus another 110 years for various attempted murder, rape and theft convictions.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
5/13/2013 6:24:17 PM (GMT -4:00)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis